Greek Spicy Chickpeas
- 1 /2 lb. dried peeled chickpeas
- ½ cup extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. RocketFuel Ghost Powder
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice plus grated zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or cilantro
- Place the chickpeas in a large pot with ample cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low and simmer for about 1 – 1½ hours, or until tender. Remove from heat and drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic until soft. Add the spices to the pan and stir all together for a few minutes.
- Top with Parsley or Cilantro.